Saturday, December 19, 2009

Circuit Breaker Lockout Case Study

WFIM is now The Little Guy Marketing, you can find our website HERE


I don't know a darn thing aboutu Circuit breaker lockouts. Ok not true...I know that when you want to be safe and are working in industrial setting that the maintenance guy puts them in so noone gets hurt.

I think there is an OSHA requirement for them....again I have no idea...I am seeing if this will rank in google. Not here to sell one or teach about one. The circuit breaker lockout could be floating in midair past me right now. Wouldn't know what to do about it.

But I believe that they have something to do with electrical panels, and engineers and such. here is some random stuff copied from another site

and it does not appear that any molded plastic pin of that size could have the strength necessary to comply with the OSHA requirements for "substantial" devices. For these reasons, the use of side handle holes for lockout purposes should be abandoned.

When the circuit breaker is the best isolating device, Circuit-Safe provides the most effective, efficient, and dependable circuit breaker lockout system available.

Meets the NFPA 70 NEC 2008 requirements for permanent lockout hardware
The Circuit-Safe rail assembly is designed with pre-spaced slots that correspond to the breaker handles. Slotted pins are held in the Circuit Safe rail assembly slots when the rail cover is closed and locked in place. As a result, circuits are isolated by mechanically preventing the movement of the breaker handle and an electrical lockout is in place. The steel rail assembly is installed on the panel with self-tapping screws. Pins are stored on the panel in a provided pin holder.


I reallly hope you enjoyed my post on circuit breaker lockout

This blog post was written by William Fennell an internet marketing consultant based in Michigan City.
Contact me at 219-210-6000 http://www.thelittleguymarketing.com

2 comments:

george said...

Wow!

It is good to see so many people taking initiative and giving us good information on website promotion. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

Nowadays internet marketing businesses are pop up all over the world and I mean that factually! Seems every time you visit a website if it isn’t already signifying you to join, just as you click to leave, you see a pop up window asking for your name and email!! There are so many of these types of ads that it has become an aggravating factor, making for pop up blocking options within nearly all the browsers

Total Lockout said...

UK company Total Lockout have made a comparison of the circuit breaker lockouts offered by Brady and Master Lock. You can read this objective article on their blog. Follow the link below for the entry dated 27 January 2011 to read this informative technical article.

http://www.totallockout.com/Announcements